Our goal is to reinforce the existing public health system, identify the gaps and bridge them, resulting in Sustainable Well Being of the community, in a cost-effective manner, with involvement of the community members while making them accountable for improvement in their health, with the multi-pronged and grass-roots approach to problems, with the help of dedicated staff and volunteers.
Our Programs Include
• Mother/ Child Health Education Programs $100 per 2 camps.
• Adolescent training for girls and boys - $25 per camp.
• Nutrigarden initiative - $120 per Garden. An initiative that trains school children and staff to grow their own vegetables.
• Medical camps in villages - $200 per camp. Helps early diagnosis in children; e.g. Retinopathy in Premature babies. Camps screen all premature babies that are at risk to develop this retinal condition leading to blindness. Early detection and timely treatment has given gift of vision for 33 such babies this year. 1500 children were screened in several villages.
• Providing life-saving equipment to Primary Health Centers of remote villages to provide accessible medical care.
The Ekam Los Angeles chapter is a group of students inspired by Ekam’s work to help the underprivileged children and women, as well as help people in need during times of crisis. Our goal is to support and empower local communities.
Our Youth Ambassadors
Our Chapter Covid Relief Efforts in India