Ekam’s goal is to reinforce the existing public health system, identify the gaps and bridge them, resulting in Sustainable Well Being of the community, in a cost-effective manner, with maximal use of Government resources and involvement of the community members themselves made accountable for improvement in their health, with the multi-pronged and grass-roots approach to problems, with the help of dedicated staff and volunteers.
Our Programs Include
• Mother/ Child Health Education Programs $100 per 2 camps.
• Adolescent training for girls and boys - $25 per camp.
• Nutrigarden initiative by Ekam USA trains school children and staff to grow their own vegetables. Nutri-Gardens- train mothers and children to grow their own nutritious organic produce to prevent malnutrition - $120 per Garden.
• Medical camps in villages to diagnose children early and provide treatment e.g. Retinopathy of Prematurity camps screen all premature babies exposed to high oxygen concentrations that are at risk to develop this retinal condition leading to blindness. Early detection and timely treatment by Ekam has saved 33 children this year, of the 1500 children screened in villages. - $200 per camp.
• Providing life-saving equipment to Primary Health Centers of remote villages to provide accessible medical care.